The AMUOBA (Aligarh Muslim University Old Boy's Association) is the registered association which is formed by alumni of Aligarh Muslim University residing in Delhi-NCR.

The graduates of ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY (AMU) are Generally recognized as Old Boys and having nick names as Aligarians or only Aligs.

AMU OLD BOY'S ASSOCIATION – DELHI-NCR :- Aligarh Muslim University Old Boy's Association, Delhi-NCR was established in the year 1973 and it is a registered Society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. It is an Association ofAligarians residing in Delhi-NCR and it acts as a link and serves as a great source of bondage among ourselves as well as our Alma-Mater

HISTORY OF AMU :- The founder of this great institution (AMU) was SIR SYED AHMAD KHAN. Sir Syed , one of the architects of modern India was born on October 17, 1817 in Delhi-NCR and started his career as a civil servant

Initially ,Mohammadan Anglo Oriental (MAO) College was established in 1875. The Creation of MAO become mile stone in the educational and social sphere in the history of modern India. Originally, the MAO college was affiliated to Calcutta University and thereafter it was transferred to Allahabad University in1885.

In 1920, an act of Indian legislative Council elevated the MAO College to the status of a Central University, which is still known as the Aligarh Muslim University. AMU is located at Aligarh, an average size city of UP almost 130 Km. from Delhi-NCR.

THE FOUNDER OF AMU:- Sir Syed was one of the greatest social reformers and a great national builder of modern India He clearly foreknew the imperative necessity for the Muslims to obtain proficiency in the English language and modern sciences if the community were to continue its social and political identity. The goal of Sir Syed was not merely limited to creating a college at Aligarh but at establishing network of Muslim succeeded educational institutions throughout the country. His educational drive is famous with the name of “Aligarh Movement”. Sir Syed died on March 27, 1898 and lies buried next to the main mosque at AMU.